Everything we do protects the climate
Climate change and biodiversity loss are interconnected. Our campaigns protecting the Earth’s biodiversity on land and at sea are vital to address climate change. Climate change affects biodiversity and biodiversity loss exacerbates climate change.
Our track record of positive results for the planet
Since 1984, we have faced what appeared to be overwhelming challenges and have managed to secure a raft of positive results for the planet.
- Securing global bans on the international elephant ivory trade
- Reducing commercial hunting of whales, dolphins and porpoises in Japan and Iceland
- Reforming the timber industry to curb illegal logging
- Leading successful efforts to secure global agreements to reduce the production and consumption of climate-changing gases
- Helping to secure an historic commitment to negotiate a plastics treaty at the UN.