CITES SC77 EIA Briefing on Documents relating to Asian Big Cats
- EIA supports the recommendation to suspend commercial trade in CITES-listed species with Lao PDR.
- EIA supports implementation of the outcomes of the CITES Big Cats Task Force meeting but does not support consideration of a common resolution for all big cats as it is premature at this stage.
- EIA supports the collection of information on the conservation and illegal trade of leopards and urges China to close its legal commercial market for leopard products.
- EIA supports the country-specific recommendations to control and phase-out captive tiger facilities of concern in SC77. Doc. 41.2.
- EIA encourages China to welcome a mission from the Secretariat in fulfillment of Decision 18.102 (Rev. CoP19).