Next week, members of the European Parliament’s ENVI Committee will be voting on possible changes to the EU’s F-Gas Regulation.
The clock is ticking and time is short – we need your help to urge them to secure a big win for the climate by voting on June 19 to ban hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs) in new equipment and products by 2020.
The F-Gas Regulation governs the use of climate-changing fluorinated gases, including HFCs – super greenhouse gases many hundreds or thousands of times more powerful than carbon dioxide which are used in refrigeration, air conditioning, aerosols, foams, solvents and fire protection.
More than 250 Europe-based companies already produce climate-friendly alternatives using natural refrigerants and it is only the well-funded, disproportionate influence of the HFC chemical industry which is seeking to keep their profitable status quo.
We don’t want big industry to have it all their own way – help us to convince the members of the ENVI Committee to make a change a really matters.
Here’s what you can do …
1. Share our campaign film
EIA has produced this brief campaign film to raise awareness of the harmful effects of F-gases and the importance of getting rid of them.
Please use the Share and Embed codes in the upper right corner of the film to pass it around among your family, friends and contacts, and to embed it any online forums and communities you frequent, such as Facebook and Google+.
The more people who contact ENVI Committee members before June 19, the more they are likely to do the right thing!
2. Email ENVI Committee members
Below is the list of the individual members of the ENVI Committee and their contact emails.
Please take a moment to email as many of them as you can to urge them to vote for a ban on the use of HFCs in new equipment and products by 2020.
You may wish to compose your own message or use/adapt this one:
To (COMMITTEE MEMBER’S NAME HERE)
I am contacting you with regard to the meeting of the ENVI Committee due to take place on Wednesday, June 19 to discuss possible changes to the European Union’s F-Gas Regulation.
I would urge you most strongly to further the tradition of Europe’s progressive climate policies and to counter global warming by voting for a ban on the use of hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs) in new equipment and products by 2020.
As I am sure you are aware, HFCs are super greenhouse gases many hundreds or thousands of times more powerful than carbon dioxide; they are used in refrigeration, air conditioning, aerosols, foams, solvents and fire protection.
A vote to ban HFCs in new equipment from 2020 would constitute a major win for the climate, set a standard for other countries to follow and also offer a significant boost to the 250-plus European companies which already produce climate-friendly alternatives using natural refrigerants.
(YOUR NAME HERE)
ENVI Committee members
* Ms Sophie Auconie email@example.com
* Ms Sandrine Belier firstname.lastname@example.org
* Ms Francoise Grossetete email@example.com
* Ms Corinne Lepage firstname.lastname@example.org
* Gilles Pargneaux email@example.com
* Karl-Heinz Florenz firstname.lastname@example.org
* Matthias Groote email@example.com
* Ms Christa Klass firstname.lastname@example.org
* Holger Krahmer email@example.com
* Jo Leinen firstname.lastname@example.org
* Peter Liese email@example.com
* Ms Dagmar Roth-Behrendt firstname.lastname@example.org
* Horst Schnellhardt email@example.com
* Thomas Ulmer firstname.lastname@example.org
* Ms Anja Weisgerber email@example.com
* Ms Sabine Wils firstname.lastname@example.org
* Paolo Bartolozzi email@example.com
* Sergio Berlato firstname.lastname@example.org
* Franco Bonanini email@example.com
* Yves Cochet firstname.lastname@example.org
* Ms Elisabetta Gardini email@example.com
* Mario Pirillo firstname.lastname@example.org
* Oreste Rossi email@example.com
* Savatore Tatarella firstname.lastname@example.org
* Kārlis Sadurskis email@example.com
* Radvilé Morkunaite firstname.lastname@example.org
* Ms Edite Estrela email@example.com
* Ms Elena Oana Antonescu firstname.lastname@example.org
* Ms Daciana Octavia Sarbu email@example.com
* Claudiu Ciprian Tanasescu firstname.lastname@example.org
* Martina Anderson email@example.com
* Martin Callanan firstname.lastname@example.org
* Chris Davies email@example.com
* Ms Jill Evans firstname.lastname@example.org
* Ms Linda McAvan email@example.com
* Paul Nuttall firstname.lastname@example.org
* Ms Glenis Willmott email@example.com
Please circulate this page to everybody you know and encourage them to help – the more people who contact the committee’s members, the more they are likely to respond in a positive and responsible way.
Thank-you for your help and action!