Welcome to the Autumn 2014 issue of EIA’s bi-annual newsletter Investigator, a special 30th anniversary edition looking back at 30 years of fighting environmental crime, as well as featuring an overview of key campaign activities during the past six months.
This issue features:
• A message from EIA President Allan Thornton
• A look ahead to future challenges in the fight against environmental crime and exploitation
• The key role the organisation has played in putting the issue of environmental crime on the agendas of politicans and enforcement agencies around the world
• The work of EIA’s in-house film unit
• A special gallery featuring some of the best and most striking photographs from our extensive image archive
• EIA’s work sharing skills, knowledge and equipment in other countries to help nurture the activists of tomorrow
• Our call for political action to pull the plug on Icelandic whaling
• The dirty business of tiger farms in the spotlight at CITES
•How China’s demand for expensive furniture and raw timber is driving Siamese rosewood to extinction and ravaging the forests of Mozambique
* Our regular donors receive a hard copy of Investigator in the post more than a month before we make it available online. For as little as £2 a month, you could join them – find out more by clicking the ‘Regular Giving’ tab on this page.