Vacancy: Temporary Forests Campaign Assistant
Organisation: Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA)
Location: Islington, London
Position type: Paid, Temporary. This position is to cover a permanent Forests team member and is currently available for approximately eight months.
Application closing date: Friday, January 27, 2017
Apply via the application form here.
Contact name: Bill Dishington
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact phone: +44 (0) 20 7354 7960
The Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA) is an independent campaigning organisation committed to bringing about change that protects the natural world from environmental crime and abuse.
EIA’s Forests Campaign has been a major part of EIA’s work since 1999 and seeks to reduce global deforestation by improving forest governance in producer countries and implementing demand-side controls in major consumer markets. To achieve these aims, EIA conducts research, investigations and lobbying activities designed to curb illegal logging and trade in illicit timber by closing major markets to imports of illegally sourced timber and wood products. EIA is also working to ensure forest governance measures are embedded in emerging avoided deforestation schemes and to reduce forest conversion for plantations.
Main Purpose of Position
This position will be central in supporting the administrative needs of the Forests Campaign as directed by the Forests Team Leader.
Range of Responsibilities:
- Act as a liaison between the Forests Campaign and other departments within the organisation as directed. This will include Finance, Communications and Fundraising
- Co-ordinate reporting from partners to donors as directed
- Assist in maintaining Forests project budgets
- Respond to finance queries regarding project expenditure
- Assist and liaise between the Forests Campaign and print/design companies for EIA published reports
- Assist in campaign research as required
- Assist in all project reporting
- Compile calendar and campaign activities for internal use
- Assist in logistics for meetings with partners as required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office
- Experience of financial procedures
- Experience of project finance
- Good communication skills
- Good written skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good attention to detail
This post is based in the London office of EIA and applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.