Ocean Week: Dive into the big blue for an in-depth look at our campaign work
This week is Ocean Week, an in-depth look at the work done by our dedicated Ocean campaigners, the issues on which they focus and the real-world changes they make.
In a series of special reports each day, we take you into the history of our Ocean work, from the 1983 investigation that directly led to our creation to current efforts to save the critically endangered vaquita porpoise. Our Ocean team also takes a look at broader threats to the world’s precious marine environments, such as the serious impacts of climate change
And we give special attention to the mounting concerns of marine plastic pollution, its impacts on all ocean life and what we, as consumers, can do to tackle it.
• Our work isn’t just about saving whales but also the big blue in which they live
• Save Our Seas – an SOS call for urgent action
• Lessons in loss – illegal fish trade may have stolen the vaquita’s future
• Making a whale of a difference to coastal communities, the ocean and planet Earth
• We’re at rock bottom over marine plastic pollution – now it’s time to race to the top!