Position: Senior Forests Campaigner
Reporting to: Forests Campaign Leader
Based in: London Office
Starting date: September/October 2021
Salary: £40,000 – £46,000 depending on experience
Application closing date: 01 September 2021
About the role
This is a full-time position and to deliver these results EIA is seeking a Senior Campaigner with substantial and demonstrable experience in both managing campaigns and projects. You will be responsible for advocacy, research and delivery of reports and briefings. Experienced line management and project management is essential. This position will report to the Forest campaign lead and work closely within the forest team.
Knowledge of forest governance, forest conversion, and deforestation of environmental and human rights issues with an understanding of mechanisms relating to forest governance.
- Proven experience in campaigning on environmental and human rights issues
- Experience in delivering targeted research and tasks that include analysing, documenting, and reporting findings
- Desk based research and field activities
- Line management of staff
- Ability to manage project commitments including budget with team leader oversight.
The main components of the campaign
- Work in conjunction with the Forests Team to achieve a regulatory approach through the European Union Action Plan on Deforestation
- Strengthen civil society to influence policy decisions leading to improved forest governance in target countries.
- Set research priorities for EIA forest campaign in conjunction with the Forests Team Leader and team
- Participate in the planning and execution of research and/or field investigations
- Assist in political /policy/advocacy work as part of campaign goals and strategy
- Oversee the production of public reports and briefings
- Oversee the campaigns work on forest conversion and deforestation such as palm oil
- Ability to carry out communications work including media, both traditional and social media.
Management of activities
- Ensure all relevant activities as specified by the Forests Campaign Leader are carried out on time and within budget
- Produce budgets for Forest project related activities prior to expenditure
- Assist in producing financial forecasts associated with quarterly plans
- Be responsible for interim and annual narrative reports as directed by Forests Campaign Leader and with Forests Team members.
- Assist in the production of long term and annual campaign strategies for EIA’s Forests Campaign
- Assist in the production of annual work plans towards the delivery of campaign strategies in conjunction with the Forests Campaign Leader with input from Forests Team members
- Participate in EIA’s long-term strategic planning as required.
Understanding and experience of international forest governance initiatives and legal avenues to pursue anti-corruption – sanction regimes.
An understanding of business and financial issues
Ability to speak, read or write relevant Asian languages: Bahasa Indonesia, Thai, Vietnamese, Mandarin and Burmese. European languages, in particular French, will be an asset.
How to apply
- Download and read the full job description below
- Download and complete the job application and monitoring forms below
- Email the completed forms to email@example.com