Position: Project Officer – Climate and Ocean campaigns
Reporting to: Head of Climate and Oceans Campaigns
Based in: London Office
Starting date: Early July 2021
Salary: £28,000 – £30,000 depending on experience
Application closing date: 07/06/2021
About the role
EIA is seeking a highly organised and efficient Project Officer who works well within a team to join EIA’s Climate and Ocean Programmes. The Climate & Ocean Project Officer is a full-time role which will provide support to EIA’s Climate and Ocean Programmes to ensure efficient implementation of the Climate and Ocean campaign strategies.
This position will be responsible for supporting all of the varied administrative, financial management and project management needs for implementation of the Climate and Ocean campaigns. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Maintain running budgets of team expenditure in coordination with the finance team;
- Ensure expenditure is allowable under the campaign grant conditions and conforms with the terms of the various grant agreements;
- Respond to internal finance queries, including quarterly budget forecasting;
- Prepare and distribute monthly budget updates;
- Draft internal budgets and reports as required;
- Support the team in day-to-day financial transactions, such as payment of consultants and partners.
- Assist in all donor reporting, including liaising with Project partners, drafting financial and narrative reports;
- Assist with preparation of contracts for and manage sub-grants for partners and/or consultants;
- Assist with campaign planning, including tracking and maintaining a workplan of campaign activities;
- Act as a liaison between the Ocean and Climate campaigns as well as other EIA departments including Finance, Fundraising and Communications, as well as Project partners
- Provide logistical support as needed for organising workshops, roundtables, webinars, and field visits;
- Co-ordinate with campaign partners and consultants for implementation of campaign activities;
- Prepare and maintain contacts and mailing lists;
- Arrange design, translation and printing of campaign materials;
- Participate in internal team meetings.
- Collect, analyse and manage data and information for assessing campaign progress in line with the campaign strategy and monitoring and evaluation plan;
- Maintain comprehensive and organised records of campaign activities, financial information, contacts and historic archives;
- Ensure campaign materials are organised and accessible through EIA’s information management systems.
Research and advocacy support
- Conduct campaign research as required;
- Support campaigns-related communications as required, including social media;
- Assist in the production of external reports and campaign materials.
- Contribute to the development of campaign strategies and budgets.
How to apply
- Download and read the full job description below
- Download and complete the job application and monitoring forms below
- Email the completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org