Position: Project and Finance Officer – Ocean campaign
Reporting to: Programme Lead
Based in: London Office (Flexible/Hybrid working available)
Starting date: ~November 2022
Salary: £29,000 – £33,000 depending on experience
Application closing date: 17/10/2022
About the role
EIA is seeking a highly organised and efficient Project and Finance Officer who works well within a team to join EIA’s Ocean Programme. The Ocean Project and Finance Officer is a full-time role which will provide support to EIA’s Ocean Programmes to ensure efficient implementation of the Ocean campaign strategy. While this is envisaged as a full-time role, we are open to considering applicants who want to work a four day week.
This position will be responsible for supporting all of the varied administrative, financial management and project management needs for implementation of the Ocean campaign. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain running budgets and tracking of team expenditure in coordination with the finance team;
- Ensure expenditure is allowable under the campaign grant conditions and conforms with the terms of the various grant agreements;
- Respond to internal finance queries, including quarterly budget forecasting;
- Prepare and distribute monthly budget updates;
- Support the development and tracking of internal campaign budgets and reports as required;
- Support the team in day-to-day financial transactions, such as payment of consultants and partners;
- Liaise with the finance team to produce financial reports for funders.
- Assist in all donor reporting, including liaising with Project partners, drafting financial and narrative reports;
- Coordinate the development of funding proposals in coordination with fundraising and act as a contact point for donors within the team;
- Attend regular catch-up calls with fundraising to identify fundraising opportunities and develop letters of interest to donors based on the strategy;
- Assist with campaign planning, including tracking and maintaining a workplan of campaign activities;
- Act as a liaison between the Ocean campaign as well as other EIA departments including Finance, Fundraising and Communications, as well as Project partners.
- Provide logistical support as needed for organising workshops, roundtables, webinars, and field visits;
- Co-ordinate with campaign partners and consultants for implementation of campaign activities;
- Prepare and maintain contacts and mailing lists;
- Arrange design, translation and printing of campaign materials;
- Participate in internal team meetings and help manage work flow across the team;
- Assist with preparation of contracts for and manage sub-grants for partners and/or consultants, in particular ensuring donor and financial compliance and best practice grant management;
- Support project tracking and delivery, ensuring milestones and deliverables are being met in line with grant and strategic requirements.
- Collect, analyse and manage data and information for assessing campaign progress in line with the campaign strategy and monitoring and evaluation plan;
- Maintain comprehensive and organised records of campaign activities, financial information, contacts and historic archives;
- Ensure campaign materials are organised and accessible through EIA’s information management systems.
Research and advocacy support
- Conduct campaign research as required;
- Support campaigns-related communications as required, including social media;
- Assist in the production of external reports and campaign materials.
- Contribute to the development of campaign strategies and budgets.
How to apply
- Download and read the full Job Description and Person Specification below
- Download and complete the job application and monitoring forms below
- Email the completed forms to email@example.com