Position: Climate Campaigner
Reporting to: Senior Climate Campaigner
Based in: London Office
Starting date: Early July 2021
Salary: £32,000 – £36,000 depending on experience
Application closing date: 07/06/2021
About the role
This is a full-time position in EIA’s Climate team, focused on campaigning at the European and international level on short-lived climate pollutants, with particular emphasis on methane.
- Participate in advocacy, campaigning and research activities;
- Carry out detailed research into scientific, technical and policy aspects of the methane campaign;
- Assist in the production of high-quality campaign materials, such as reports, briefings and videos;
- Contribute to policy positions and submissions to policy makers and other stakeholders;
- Attend relevant EU and international meetings and represent the campaign to a range of contacts, such as politicians, civil society, industry and the media;
- Generate media coverage of the campaign and produce online content as requested, including blogs, press releases and social media;
- Manage network of campaign partners, ensuring regular communications and up-to-date files are maintained;
- Develop and maintain a network of external contacts.
- Monitor and share media and other communications of campaign interest with other staff;
- Ensure contact lists under the Climate campaign are kept up to date and are available to the team;
- Ensure all campaign paperwork and files are organised and accessible;
- Assist/lead with responding to public enquiries;
- Produce back to office reports (BTOR) according to the agreed template;
- Write up notes from meetings and significant telephone calls and circulate to the rest of the team.
Strategic Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation
- Contribute to the production of the annual climate campaign strategy and participate in EIA’s long-term strategic planning processes;
- Support the implementation of EIA’s climate campaign strategy;
- Contribute to the campaign’s monitoring and evaluation;
- Assist with production of quarterly and annual progress reporting to donors.
Financial Planning, Budget Management and Income Generation
- Monitor campaign expenditure;
- Produce budgets for all project-related activities prior to expenditure and complete reconciliations, accurately reporting expenditure incurred during trips;
- Assist the Campaign Team Leader and Fundraising Department with campaign fundraising, including the production of reports and proposals for donors as requested.
How to apply
- Download and read the full job description below
- Download and complete the job application and monitoring forms below
- Email the completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org