Position: Assistant Visual Communications Editor – One year initially (with a view to extending to permanent)
Reporting to: Head of Communications (While working under the Visual Communications Editor)
Based in: UK, London Office (Hybrid working negotiable)
Starting date: ~ September 2023
Salary: Circa £32,500 (depending on skills and experience)
Application closing date: 31 July 2023
About the role
As part of a dynamic team, you will support the delivery and distribution of the Communications Team’s external and internal messaging, assisting with all aspects of graphic design, video production and editing, stills photography, image cataloguing, events and social media. You will also be involved in helping to develop and work on our outreach programmes and youth strategy.
- Thorough working knowledge of Adobe design and editing software (Premiere Pro, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat)
- Considerable experience preparing design materials for print and digital outputs.
- Demonstratable skills/experience in camerawork for video and stills photography
- Thorough understanding of digital image, video and audio formats, their optimisation and use.
- Sourcing of appropriate stock images, video and audio for use in production
- Good understanding of Microsoft 365 Office software (particularly Word, Outlook, Excel, Teams and OneDrive)
- Ability to create visual content for our website, e-bulletins, social media and other channels.
- A demonstrable creative mindset
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate technical issues in a non-technical way
- The capacity to work under pressure to support occasional tight deadlines in a timely and efficient manner.
- A passion for the work of EIA UK
- Skills/experience in Adobe After Effects, Adobe Bridge
- Skills/experience in online content creation platforms such as Canva, Adobe Express
- Skills/experience with video shoot equipment cataloguing/preparation and maintenance.
- Audio editing skills (e.g., Adobe Audition)
- Audio recording skills
- Microsoft 365 Admin experience
- Experience of the charity sector
- Experience of environmental campaigning organisations
How to apply
- Download and read the full job description below
- Download and complete the job application and monitoring forms below
- Email the completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
EIA UK is a welcoming and inclusive organisation. We actively promote equality, diversity, and inclusion in the work place and through our Campaigns’ partnerships. In recruitment, we are committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated equally, irrespective of race, gender, religion or belief, age, disability, or sexual orientation.