Protecting the environment with intelligence

How we are funded

EIA is a small organisation achieving great things with very limited resources. We commit as much of your money as possible to our investigations and campaigns but like everyone we have overheads to cover too.

If you’ve never heard of us before it’s because we don’t spend money on advertising, expensive offices or huge fundraising teams – just on challenging the threats to our natural world.

It costs between £10,000 and £20,000 to run a full investigation. This covers our travel and research costs as well as specialist equipment and setting up fake companies and identities where required. Then we must turn the evidence we gather into hard hitting campaign information, targeted at the people who can make a difference.

About 30% of our funding comes from public donations and the other 70% is from grant making trusts, foundations and government bodies.

For every £1 given to EIA we spend:

  • 72p on investigating and campaigning for environmental protection
  • 16p on overheads and running costs
  • 12p on services to our members and fundraising

EIA is currently structured as both a limited company and a registered charity number 1145359. Donate Today.